The Louisiana Department of Education announced plans to expand its Jump Start Summers initiative, allowing nearly 2,000 high school students the opportunity to earn academic credit, engage in workplace-based learning and attain critical industry-based credentials, all while earning a wage, during the upcoming summer months.
The Rayville Police Department made the following arrests for the week of April 9-15.
• Donna Camp, 48, 483 Hwy 584, Rayville; theft less than $300.
• Cynthia Bridwell, 34, 17 Lynn Lane Cemetary Road, Rayville; driving under suspension and speeding.
• Victoria Butler, 35, 231 Russell St., Rayville; failure to appear on driving under suspension.
• Delvin Chambers, 50, 635 Curtis Traxler, Winnsboro; driving under suspension.
Early voting for the April 28 election will be held April 14-21 in the Registrar of Voters Office located in the basement of the Richland Parish Courthouse.
Richland Parish Registrar of Voters Carol Morgan said the hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. No voting will be held on Sunday, April 15.
In addition to early voting, if eligible, voters may request a mail ballot. Voters may obtain a form from the Registrar of Voters Office or www.sos.la.gov.
Those wishing to vote are reminded to please bring proper identification.
Saint’s Alive, a ministry of First Baptist Church, Rayville, met on Monday, March 26, at the First Baptist Church Fellowship Hall.
President Helen Diamond welcomed everyone. Prayer requests were voiced. We were so happy to have Woody and Helen Netherland visiting with us. Anyone 55 years and older is welcome to visit.
If after you visit and you would like to join up, the membership fee is $10.
We would like to welcome a new Saint that joined, Frances Frey.
The Rayville Police Department made the following arrests for the week of April 2-8.
• Cher Booker, 36, 27 Booker Road, Rayville; theft greater than $300 and less than $500, no insurance, driving under suspension and running a stop sign.
• Christy Thomas, 36, 207 Meadowlark St., Rayville; driving under suspension, no insurance and switched license plate.